Usually, when we think about self-storage services, the first association is storing cardboard boxes with books and other small objects, clothes or furniture. The need can arise when there is a lack of space in the home for items that are not in daily use, or it may be necessary to store home contents when moving house for relocation. Many people may not be aware of the possibility of storing a vehicle for short or long periods. Today in Israel there are self-storage companies that offer secure professional storage services for vehicles.
In most cases, people look for a self-storage unit for rent if they have an extra car that they are not using every day, when they receive a temporary vehicle from work, or if they want to store their vehicle while abroad for work or studies.
If you are interested in vehicle storage, it is important to prepare your car properly. Here are a few tips:
- It is important to choose a professional self-storage company which has a license to manage self-storage facilities. You should visit the premises for a first hand impression of how it is maintained and secured, etc. Also check that your rental agreement includes contents insurance.
- Even after you have found a professional self-storage company with 24/7 security, make sure that you remove all valuables from the car. If you have a radio/ disk player on a removable panel, take it with you.
- Clean the car thoroughly inside and out before storing. Make sure the interior is completely dry before closing the windows. Leave a packet of baking soda in the car to maintain freshness. Check that all windows are closed, including the sunroof if there is one.
- Change the oil and fill the fuel tank. Of course you are not intending to use the car during the storage period, but if the fuel tank is left empty for a long time there could be a buildup of moisture which could cause problems. Leaving the car with oil and fuel ensures that it will be in good condition and ready to drive away as soon as the storage period ends.
- We recommend a company that stores the cars in covered premises. In any case you should protect your vehicle with its own cover.
Green Storage is a professional self-storage company with a license to manage self-storage facilities and its services include contents insurance. Green Storage has a wide range of self-storage units for rent plus containers for all needs, from house contents and vehicle storage to storage of a few small items. You can find exactly the self-storage space you need, and for the period you need.