One of the challenges many of us face, especially if we live in a small apartment, is the lack of storage space. Assuming that moving to a bigger place is not an option, there are two solutions: either to find creative storage solutions inside your home or to use external storage facilities, such as professional self-storage services.
Storage Solutions in the Home
In a small home, it is important to make optimal use of the space available to us so that we solve our storage needs wisely without feeling we’re living in a cramped warehouse. Our living space must be inviting. After all, home is where we come at the end of the day and want to feel comfortable and relaxed.
Here are some ideas for using spaces at home for storage:
- Under the bed: A bed with a drawer underneath it allows us to store not just bedding but many other items. Use the area in accordance with your needs. But don’t despair if you don’t have a bed with a built-in drawer! If the distance between the floor and the bed’s underside is relatively high, you can buy large plastic bins that will do the job just as well as a drawer.
- Shelving: We often forget we can use the walls and their height for storage. Shelves can be used to store decorative items, books, and more. If you have items you don’t use regularly, keep them on the top shelves.
- On top of the closet and under the stairs: The space between the closet and the ceiling is often dead, but it can definitely be used for storage. It’s a good idea to use decorative boxes so that you don’t end up with a messy look. There are apartments with internal stairs and the space underneath them can also be used for storage.
- Kitchen racks: If the kitchen cupboards are insufficient to hold your kitchenware, stores offer a choice of racks for hanging your pots, pans, spatulas, and other tools, helping to keep your counters clear for prep work and cooking.
- Drawer dividers: We often end up with messy clothes closet and desk drawers because lots of small items get tossed together. This can cause us to use the spaces available to us ineffectively. It is worthwhile investing in boxes and trays designed to organize clothing, jewelry, silverware, and household items to maintain order in the closets and optimally utilize the space. You may be surprised to see how much room you manage to free up.
Renting a Self-Storage Unit
Sometimes, though, with all the goodwill in the world, we still don’t have enough room at home for all our goods. There are items you don’t want to discard, sell, or give away. In such situations, a good solution is to rent a self-storage unit from a professional self storage company that can meet your needs in terms of size, location, and other parameters. Professional storage companies offer a wide range of self-storage rental units so that everyone may find the storage location best suited to them.
The cost of renting a self-storage unit partly depends on its size. If you need a unit to store a relatively small number of items rather than the contents of your house, the monthly cost is quite affordable. Many families have already discovered the advantages of renting small self-storage units, allowing them to store items that are not in daily use and thereby freeing up space in their home.
Green Storage, a professional self storage company, offers self-storage rental units 5 minutes from Jerusalem for short and long-term leases. The units are located on a well-maintained site with 24/7 security. Contents insurance is included in the services the company provides.
For more information, call 02-9944330 or click on Green Storage.